Coastal Paint Colors
Let’s look at another of my “go-to” coastal paint color. If you are looking to achieve a lighter, coastal feeling of serenity and tranquility in your home environment, Benjamin Moore’s Tranquility seriously lives up to its name. It’s a perfect coastal paint color of soft gray tone with a hint of blue & green. It pairs beautifully with other soft paint shades as well as wood tones. It works well with all types of interior design styles, whether rustic, country cottage, coastal, or modern- it’s just deep enough without being too overpowering and not so light that it appears washed out in a larger space that receives more light.
It is on par with Sherwin Williams Rainwashed but has more tones of gray in it. It really is a great color smack in the middle of blue and green without committing 100% to either. Depending on what color accents you add to the room and how the light falls you can bring out more green or blue.
Coastal Farmhouse Painting Tips:
- Coastal paint colors that are a mix of blue, green and gray best suit South and West facing rooms as they tend to balance out the effect of the warm light coming in the windows/doors.
- The darker your room is or if it faces North, you’ll want a “brighter” color so it shines through the shadows.
- Colors with a bit more green will feel warmer than colors with more blue undertones.
- The grayer the paint, the more subtle the undertones.
- Intense, bright sunlight tends to wash out a paint color, so don’t be afraid to move up the color chart and go brighter. Keep in mind that colors appear richer and saturated at night than in the daytime.
Beach Inspired Palette
A beach-inspired color palette can turn your home into a relaxing retreat simply by choosing coastal paint colors. There isn’t one coastal paint color palette that is perfect for all homes. Every home has its unique lighting and surfaces that influence the wall color scheme. The secret to choosing the right paint colors is to start with inspiration, then sample the colors that you absolutely love. Follow our Instagram for lots of coastal, beachy inspiration. We post inspiring ideas throughout the day. And if you missed last month’s coastal paint color inspiration, Sea Salt– you can find our article here.
Coastal Farmhouse Paint Consultation
Help is here! I understand that the sheer variety of colors and combinations is intimidating and overwhelming. Coastal Farmhouse offers professional color consultations no matter where you live! I’ll help you craft the perfect color palette for a single room or your whole house. This valuable service ensures that you achieve the look and feel that reflect your style and taste. You can find more info here. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have!